Find a Particular Journal, Magazine, or Newspaper
EWU Library Catalog Title Search -- Search to see if we have a particular periodical (journal, magazine or newspaper) online, in print or microfilm. Type in the name of the journal, magazine or newspaper in the box labeled in the title ♦ starts with.
- If we have the title online, it will have a green bullet labeled Online access. Click the link View Online to see a list of databases with date ranges. Click on the name of the database to view the journal.
- If we have it physically (in print and/or microfilm), it will have a green bullet labeled Available at and the location (call number). Click the link Find in a Library to view the years we have available.
EJournals A-Z -- Alphabetical list of the journals, magazines and newspapers we have online in our databases. It will not show if we have it in print or microfilm in the library.
Electronic Journals A-Z -- This resource will tell you if a particular journal, magazine or newspaper is available full text in any of our databases. However, it does not know what we have in print or microfilm.
If we do not have the periodical you are looking for, you may request specific articles via Interlibrary Loan.
Within a Database
When you are searching in one of the library databases and the article in question isn't available full text right there, look for this icon or a hyperlink that says EWU - Check for Full Text.
Clicking the Check for Full Text button in the databases brings up a screen like this...
If the article is available online, it will say Full text available at:[link to database]. In the example above the article is available in Sage Premier.
If the article is not available full text, it will say "No full text available." Click the Find in a Library tab to see if we have it in print or microfilm. The page will look like the image below. Note:
- the years we have -- for the example below "Latest 5 years only"
- the location -- JFK Main Level Periodical
- the call number of the journal -- PC4001 .H7
If we do not have it online, nor in print/microfilm, then you may request it via Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Use the link on either the View Online tab or the Find in a Library tab.
Ask a Librarian
JFK Reference Desk
- Call 509-359-2263
- Send Email
Riverpoint Campus Library
- Call 509-358-7930
- Send Email
Have a question? Please ask using the chat box below!
This is monitored by librarians 24/7. If the EWU Librarians are unavailable because they are helping other students or the reference desk is closed, then your question will be answered by a librarian at another location.